This Thai Soup is one of the easiest Thai Soups you will ever make! It is loaded with juicy chicken, wild rice. squash, sweet potatoes, and zucchini in a creamy red curry peanut butter coconut broth that is OUT OF THIS WORLD! This Thai Soup is hearty, warm, ultra comforting, healthy and gluten free! It is an intoxicating blend of flavors and textures that will have you coming back for more and more and more. You can customize the Thai Soup and use different vegetables and even and make it vegetarian by omitting the chicken. No matter how you serve this Thai Coconut Soup, it is guaranteed to become a forever favorite!
This cast of characters gets seasoned with red curry paste, ginger, garlic, basil and cumin and then smothered in a bath of coconut milk and chicken broth to soak in until the veggies and rice are tender. Then stir in some cornstarch to slightly thicken and nutty peanut butter and the coconut broth becomes luscious, flavor bursting red curry peanut butter coconut broth that perfectly cocoons the veggies, chicken and rice.
When they have it, Wicked Thai Soup has become my soup of choice at restaurants; however, making it at home has been another story. I’ve had a couple of, “Well I’ll never make that again.” recipes in my trails. You know those nights when everyone in the family turns up their noses. The attempt that had lime juice and big chunks of mushrooms was.the.worst. Ugh…Shudder…
I love everything about this soup. It’s rich, savoury, hearty and has the most mouthwatering, slightly spicy Thai flavours. It’s quick. It’s easy. It’s oh so tasty AND all the ingredients are available at my local grocery store. I cannot wait to make it again and again and again.
Slow Cooker Thai Soup with Chicken and Wild Rice
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 240 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 14 oz. cans cans quality coconut milk (I love Chakoah)
- 5 cups low sodiuim chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry basil
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and cubed
- 1 small zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1 onion, diced
- 2-4 tablespoons red curry paste see note
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (2-3 breasts)
- 1 tablespoon olive/coconut oil
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice blend, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2-4 teaspoons sriracha/Asian chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- chopped cilantro
- lime juice
- crushed peanuts
- coconut flakes
- First, Rub chicken with oil and place in the bottom of a 6 qt slow cooker followed by all of the ingredients in Phase 1. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low 6-7 hours, or until chicken is tender enough to shred and rice is cooked.
- Second, Remove chicken and allow to rest 5 minutes before shredding or chopping if preferred.
- Next, Meanwhile, whisk 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 1/4 cup water and add to slow cooker. Stir in peanut butter and lime juice. Add chicken back to slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 15-20 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir peanut butter until smooth.
- Taste and add additional salt, pepper, peanut butter, Sriracha as desired. If you would like a less “chunky” soup, stir in additional broth.
- Garnish individual servings with coconut flakes, fresh cilantro, crushed peanuts and freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Some curry brands are spicier than others. If you are using a more mild brand like Thai Kitchen then I would start with 1/4 cup red curry paste. If you are using a spicier brand like Mae Ploy, I would start with 2 tablespoons. You can add more curry paste to taste once the soup is simmering or add sriracha to taste at the end of cooking.
Healthy Recipes | Slow Cooker Thai Soup with Chicken and Wild Rice, Healthy Recipes For Weight Loss, Healthy Recipes Easy, Healthy Recipes Dinner, Healthy Recipes Pasta, Healthy Recipes On A Budget, Healthy Recipes Breakfast, Healthy Recipes For Picky Eaters, Healthy Recipes Desserts, Healthy Recipes Clean, Healthy Recipes Snacks, Healthy Recipes Low Carb, Healthy Recipes Meal Prep, Healthy Recipes Vegetarian, Healthy Recipes With Calories, Healthy Recipes For Pregnancy, Healthy Recipes For 2, Healthy Recipes Wraps, Healthy Recipes Yummy, Healthy Recipes Super, Healthy Recipes Best, Healthy Recipes For The Week, Healthy Recipes Casserole, Healthy Recipes Salmon, Healthy Recipes Tasty, Healthy Recipes Avocado, Healthy Recipes Quinoa, Healthy Recipes Cauliflower, Healthy Recipes Pork, Healthy Recipes Steak, Healthy Recipes For School, Healthy Recipes Slimming World, Healthy Recipes Fitness, Healthy Recipes Baking, Healthy Recipes Sweet, Healthy Recipes Indian, Healthy Recipes Summer, Healthy Recipes Vegetables, Healthy Recipes Diet, Healthy Recipes No Meat, Healthy Recipes Asian, Healthy Recipes On The Go, Healthy Recipes Fast, Healthy Recipes Ground Turkey, Healthy Recipes Rice, Healthy Recipes Mexican, Healthy Recipes Fruit, Healthy Recipes Tuna, Healthy Recipes Sides, Healthy Recipes Zucchini, Healthy Recipes Broccoli, Healthy Recipes Spinach,
#healthyrecipes #recipes #food #appetizers #dinner #slowcooker #thai #soup #chicken #rice