This Keto Chicken Enchilada Bowl is a low carb twist on a Mexican favorite! It’s SO easy to make, totally filling and ridiculously yummy!
This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive commissions for purchases made through links in this post at no additional cost to you.
I made this Keto Chicken Enchilada Bowl on the stove top, but it can easily be made in a slow cooker or an Instant Pot by adding the chicken, enchilada sauce, chiles and onions together and letting them cook on low heat all day.
Make Chicken Enchilada Keto Bowls on a night when you are craving the fun flavors of chicken enchiladas, but you don’t want to have to deal with the hassle of rolling up one tortilla after another.
Chicken Enchilada Keto Bowls are a great meal for when you want a healthier dinner option to the traditional chicken enchilada recipe, but don’t want to sacrifice that delicious chicken enchilada flavor. This recipe will become a regular in you meal rotation, loaded with goodness and pure deliciousness. Another option in your meal rotation, is my chicken marsala. (If you’ve never made it yourself, you have to try it. It’s easier to make than you think.)
Keto Chicken Enchilada Bowl
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1– 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (for searing chicken)
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup red enchilada sauce (recipe from Low Carb Maven)
Toppings (feel free to customize):
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapenos
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 1 whole avocado, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used mild cheddar
Optional: serve over plain cauliflower rice (or mexican cauliflower rice) for a more complete meal!
- First, In a pot or dutch oven over medium heat melt the coconut oil. Once hot, sear chicken thighs until lightly brown.
- Second, Pour in enchilada sauce and water then add onion and green chiles. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook chicken for 17-25 minutes or until chicken is tender and fully cooked through to at least 165 degrees internal temperature.
- Next, Careully remove the chicken and place onto a work surface. Chop or shred chicken (your preference) then add it back into the pot. Let the chicken simmer uncovered for an additional 10 minutes to absorb flavor and allow the sauce to reduce a little.
- To Serve, top with avocado, cheese, jalapeno, sour cream, tomato, and any other desired toppings. Feel free to customize these to your preference. Serve alone or over cauliflower rice if desired just be sure to update your personal nutrition info as needed.
- Please note that I am not a certified nutritionist. Any nutritional information that is discussed or disclosed in this post should only be seen as my best amateur estimates based on NET carbs. If nutrition is important to you, I highly encourage you to verify any data you see here with your favorite nutrition calculator.
Healthy Recipes | Keto Chicken Enchilada Bowl, Healthy Recipes For Weight Loss, Healthy Recipes Easy, Healthy Recipes Dinner, Healthy Recipes Pasta, Healthy Recipes On A Budget, Healthy Recipes Breakfast, Healthy Recipes For Picky Eaters, Healthy Recipes Desserts, Healthy Recipes Clean, Healthy Recipes Snacks, Healthy Recipes Low Carb, Healthy Recipes Meal Prep, Healthy Recipes Vegetarian, Healthy Recipes Lunch, Healthy Recipes For Kids, Healthy Recipes Crock Pot, Healthy Recipes Videos, Healthy Recipes Weightloss, Healthy Recipes Chicken, Healthy Recipes Heart, Healthy Recipes Steak, Healthy Recipes For School, Healthy Recipes Slimming World, Healthy Recipes Fitness, Healthy Recipes Baking, Healthy Recipes Sweet, Healthy Recipes Indian, Healthy Recipes Summer, Healthy Recipes Vegetables, Healthy Recipes Diet, Healthy Recipes No Meat, Healthy Recipes Asian, Healthy Recipes On The Go, Healthy Recipes Fast, Healthy Recipes Ground Turkey, Healthy Recipes Rice, Healthy Recipes Mexican, Healthy Recipes Fruit, Healthy Recipes Tuna, Healthy Recipes Sides, Healthy Recipes Zucchini, Healthy Recipes Broccoli, Healthy Recipes Spinach,
#healthyrecipes #recipes #food #appetizers #dinner #chicken #enchilada #bowl