This Italian Sausage, Gnocchi and Tomato Soup recipe only takes about 30 minutes to make, and is filled with the absolute best savory and cozy flavors for soup season.
I mean, I love a beautiful crisp fall day as much as the next girl. But man, saying good-bye to my favorite season of the year with its wonderfully warm, sunshine-soaked, flip-flop-filled days has always been a tough transition for this little heart of mine. I just feel like I was absolutely made for this season of the year. (And literally never want it to end!)
You know, the kind of soups that warm you up through and through, and make everyone want to snuggle in for an evening at home? The kind of soups that you can stir together quickly right after work, or maybe simmer low and slow all day in the slow cooker? The kind of soups that maybe (ok, definitely) beg to be served with a nice crusty baguette and maybe a glass of wine? The kind of soups that have you falling back in love with fall all over again?
Italian Sausage, Spinach and Tomato Soup is a gluten-free soup recipe full of healthy, hearty ingredients. Just 30 minutes from fridge to table!
Italian Sausage, Gnocchi and Tomato Soup
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 20 Minutes
Total time: 30 Minutes
Yield: 6 -8 Servings 1x
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- 1 (16-ounce) package gnocchi
- 2 large handfuls fresh baby spinach or roughly-chopped kale
- optional toppings: freshly-grated Parmesan cheese, finely-chopped fresh parsley or basil
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup dry red or white wine
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes (I used fire-roasted)
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage*, spicy or mild
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced (I used one red, one yellow)
- First, Brown the sausage in a large stockpot over medium-high heat — crumbling it with a spoon as you go — until it is cooked through. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the sausage to a separate plate, leaving behind about 1-2 tablespoons of grease in the pot. (Remove any excess grease, or add a little bit of olive oil if there is not enough remaining.)
- Second. Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the carrots, celery, bell peppers, garlic, and sauté for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Next, Add in the wine, and use a wooden spoon to deglaze the pot (scraping up those delicious brown bits that get stuck to the bottom). Add in the chicken stock, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and stir to combine. Continue cooking until the soup reaches a simmer. Then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 5-10 more minutes, or until the vegetables are completely tender.
- Add in the cooked sausage, gnocchi and spinach (or kale), and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the gnocchi begin to float and are cooked through. Taste and season with salt and pepper (and/or extra crushed red pepper flakes) as needed.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with your desired toppings.
- Feel free to use pork, chicken, turkey, or vegan Italian sausage. If you use any kind of sausage besides pork, you will probably need to add in an extra tablespoon of olive oil to help brown the sausage, and then an extra 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil afterwards to help sauté the vegetables.
- Pro tip: to save time, I recommend chopping the vegetables as you go while the sausage cooks!
Healthy Recipes | Italian Sausage, Gnocchi and Tomato Soup, Healthy Recipes For Weight Loss, Healthy Recipes Easy, Healthy Recipes Dinner, Healthy Recipes Pasta, Healthy Recipes On A Budget, Healthy Recipes Breakfast, Healthy Recipes For Picky Eaters, Healthy Recipes Desserts, Healthy Recipes Clean, Healthy Recipes Snacks, Healthy Recipes Low Carb, Healthy Recipes Meal Prep, Healthy Recipes Vegetarian, Healthy Recipes Lunch, Healthy Recipes For Kids, Healthy Recipes Crock Pot, Healthy Recipes Videos, Healthy Recipes Weightloss, Healthy Recipes Chicken, Healthy Recipes Heart, Healthy Recipes For One, Healthy Recipes For Diabetics, Healthy Recipes Smoothies, Healthy Recipes For Two, Healthy Recipes Simple, Healthy Recipes For Teens, Healthy Recipes Protein, Healthy Recipes Vegan, Healthy Recipes For Family, Healthy Recipes Salad, Healthy Recipes Cheap, Healthy Recipes Summer, Healthy Recipes Vegetables, Healthy Recipes Diet, Healthy Recipes No Meat, Healthy Recipes Asian, Healthy Recipes On The Go, Healthy Recipes Fast, Healthy Recipes Ground Turkey, Healthy Recipes Rice, Healthy Recipes Mexican, Healthy Recipes Fruit, Healthy Recipes Tuna, Healthy Recipes Sides, Healthy Recipes Zucchini, Healthy Recipes Broccoli, Healthy Recipes Spinach,
#healthyrecipes #recipes #food #appetizers #dinner #italian #sausage #gnocchi #tomato #soup