Dinner in 20 minutes or less! Meet the creamiest Vegan Alfredo Sauce, made with cauliflower (frozen for super easy, or fresh), a little bit of cashews and a LOT of garlic. Serve with fettuccine and steamed broccoli for a quick, amazing meal that won’t weigh you down!
I am SO in love with this vegan alfredo sauce; you have no idea. I’ve seen cauliflower sauces before, and even tried one once, and thought, “meh…” Kinda watery, definitely not super creamy like I wanted.
I wanted to make a vegan alfredo sauce that was incredibly rich tasting, like the dairy version, but made with whole food plant ingredients. Plus, I wanted to make it super simple and quick.
Cauliflower Fettuccine Alfredo is a healthy pasta recipe for a pressure cooker. This Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker Cauliflower Fettuccine Alfredo recipe is magical in a veggie loaded, flavor bomb, healthy calories, sort of a way. Go ahead and pull out that Insta Pot and let’s get cooking!
I haven’t been back to Olive Garden in years because of this very recipe that I’m sharing today. This Alfredo sauce is made with a touch of butter and a whole ton of cauliflower. No cream, no cheese, yet still it tastes oh-so-creamy and cheesy.
Instant Pot Vegan Alfredo Sauce
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 13 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 pound (16-oz) cooked fettuccine pasta (whole grain or gluten free if needed)
- Optional: steamed broccoli, kale or green peas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups cauliflower florets (fresh or frozen)
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
Instant Pot Instructions:
- First, Push the saute feature on the Instant Pot. Add the olive oil and minced garlic and cook for a minute or two, until fragrant, but be careful not to burn.
- Second, Now turn off the saute, and add the cauliflower, cashews and vegetable broth. Cook in the Instant Pot on high manual pressure for 3 minutes, making sure it's sealed so the pressure can build.
- Next, Once it beeps and is done, carefully release the pressure. I always use a towel to protect from burning, so be careful. (If you have time, you can let the pressure come down naturally)
- Transfer to a blender, add salt and blend until very smooth. Pour over pasta and stir. If the sauce is a bit thick, simply add in a few tablespoons of water, a little at a time, until the desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately with steamed broccoli, kale or peas if desired.
Regular (Non-Instant Pot) Instructions:
- In a large pot, saute the garlic in the olive oil for a few minutes until fragrant. Add the cauliflower, cashews and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and cook for 10-15 minutes. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Return to the pot, add salt to taste and serve.
- This sauce freezes well. I freeze sauces like this in small glass or BPA free plastic containers. Leave an inch or so of room for expansion. Re-heat in the microwave, stove top or even your Instant Pot.
- Use Gluten Free pasta if needed. This sauce is good on all sorts of pasta, and makes a great topping for baked potatoes as well.
- You may leave out the cashews if necessary, such as if you have a nut allergy or don't want the fat. It will still be good but not quite as creamy and you will need to use less vegetable broth. You could also try replacing the cashews with white navy beans.
- I love this sauce with pasta and steamed broccoli or cooked kale.
- Nutritional information is only for the sauce. It will change depending on what kind of pasta and vegetables you use.
Healthy Recipes | Instant Pot Vegan Alfredo SauceHealthy Recipes For Weight Loss, Healthy Recipes Easy, Healthy Recipes Dinner, Healthy Recipes Pasta, Healthy Recipes On A Budget, Healthy Recipes Breakfast, Healthy Recipes For Picky Eaters, Healthy Recipes Desserts, Healthy Recipes Clean, Healthy Recipes Snacks, Healthy Recipes Low Carb, Healthy Recipes Meal Prep, Healthy Recipes Vegetarian, Healthy Recipes Lunch, Healthy Recipes For Kids, Healthy Recipes Crock Pot, Healthy Recipes Videos, Healthy Recipes Weightloss, Healthy Recipes Chicken, Healthy Recipes Heart, Healthy Recipes For One, Healthy Recipes For Diabetics, Healthy Recipes Smoothies, Healthy Recipes For Two, Healthy Recipes Simple, Healthy Recipes For Teens, Healthy Recipes Protein, Healthy Recipes Vegan, Healthy Recipes For Family, Healthy Recipes Salad, Healthy Recipes Cheap, Healthy Recipes Shrimp, Healthy Recipes Paleo, Healthy Recipes Delicious, Healthy Recipes Gluten Free, Healthy Recipes Keto, Healthy Recipes Soup, Healthy Recipes Beef, Healthy Recipes Fish, Healthy Recipes Quick, Healthy Recipes For College Students, Healthy Recipes Slow Cooker, Healthy Recipes With Calories, Healthy Recipes For Pregnancy, Healthy Recipes For 2, Healthy Recipes Wraps, Healthy Recipes Yummy, Healthy Recipes Super, Healthy Recipes Best, Healthy Recipes For The Week,
#healthyrecipes #recipes #food #appetizers #dinner #instantpot #vegan #sauce