Well kids, I didn’t really see the point in having to crack noodles into a circular shape to fit into a pot and lasagna so I decided to think outside the layers. Say why don’t we make them in an individual Roll Fashion so much more cheese and sauce in every bite too!
Can we talk about how much I love making recipes in my egg bite molds?! The Instant Pot makes life easy, recipes in the egg bite molds take it up another notch. These lasagna stacks are essentially a fun new take on my Instant Pot lasagna. It’s an easy lasagna recipe that is perfect for meal prep!
The whole family loves these lasagna stacks. They’re bite sized, cooked to perfection, and they are perfect for meal prep! I can’t get over how great these turn out in the egg bite molds. Make sure you check out all the recipes you can make in those handy molds below!
Instant Pot Lasagna Rolls
- 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp of seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- Two 2 cup bags of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 40 oz jar of marinara sauce (use a good one like Victoria White Linen)
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow or Spanish onion, diced
- 1 tbsp of crushed garlic
- 1 lb of ground chuck beef (the less lean, the better)
- 16 oz container of ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tbsp of dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- First, Start by boiling a pot of water and adding in a bit of salt and a splash of olive oil. Add the box of lasagna noodles and boil for 10 minutes or according to the package (Note: These noodles won’t boil properly in the Instant Pot due it it not having enough room due to the size of the noodles so doing them on the stove is a must. We’ll also only be using about 10 of these noodles, but some will definitely be broken in the box, so just use the ones that are the most perfect and cook a few extra for safety). You can also skip this step if you buy fresh lasagna noodles at your local market, Italian market or pasta shop!
- Second, While the noodles are boiling, in a mixing bowl add the ricotta cheese, parmesan, egg, parsley and salt. Mix well, cover and pop in the fridge to briefly set
- Next, Drain the noodles and run them under cold water. Try to straighten the noodles as best as possible as they rest
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by pouring the olive oil into the Instant Pot and hitting “Sauté” and “Adjust” so it’s on the “More” or “High” setting and once it reads “Hot,” add the onions. Cook for a 2-3 minutes until translucent and then add the garlic and cook for another minute. Next up, add the ground beef and cook until browned, seasoning with the Italian seasoning, seasoned salt and pepper along the way. Add the jar of marinara sauce and stir well. No water is needed here because the juices from the meat will be sufficient enough for that extra liquid
- Secure the lid and cook on “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” for 4 minutes and follow with a quick release. When done, give it a good stir and you can just leave it on the “Keep Warm” setting as the sauce simmers and thickens a little.
- While the sauce is cooking, prepare the lasagna rolls by taking the ricotta mixture out of the fridge as well as some of the mozzarella cheese. Lay each noodle on a flat surface and using a silicone spatula (or any tool that spreads easily) line the facing-up side of the lasagna noodle with the ricotta mixture (not TOO much, but enough), sprinkle some mozzarella on top, roll it up like a jellyroll and set aside with the seam side down
- For our final step, using your stackable pans, layer in enough sauce to coat the bottom of each pan, carefully layer in each lasagna roll (seam side down) and generously cover with sauce followed with a generous amount of sprinkled mozzarella cheese. Stack the pots, and secure them in their carrying case. You can keep any leftover sauce for later or using when serving but set that aside and quickly clean and dry the liner pot and return it to the Instant Pot.
- Add the trivet to the Instant Pot along with 1 cup of water. Rest the stackable pots on top of it with the two carrying case lines facing directly towards the front and back ends of the pot for the lid to properly close (see video for guidance).
- Secure the lid and cook on “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” for 10 minutes and follow with a quick release. With a dish towel or oven mit, carefully remove the pot by the handle (it will be hot!) and serve!
Healthy Recipes | Instant Pot Lasagna Rolls, Healthy Recipes For Weight Loss, Healthy Recipes Easy, Healthy Recipes Dinner, Healthy Recipes Pasta, Healthy Recipes On A Budget, Healthy Recipes Breakfast, Healthy Recipes For Picky Eaters, Healthy Recipes Desserts, Healthy Recipes Clean, Healthy Recipes Snacks, Healthy Recipes Low Carb, Healthy Recipes Meal Prep, Healthy Recipes Vegetarian, Healthy Recipes Lunch, Healthy Recipes For Kids, Healthy Recipes Crock Pot, Healthy Recipes Videos, Healthy Recipes Weightloss, Healthy Recipes Chicken, Healthy Recipes Heart, Healthy Recipes For One, Healthy Recipes For Diabetics, Healthy Recipes Smoothies, Healthy Recipes For The Week, Healthy Recipes Casserole, Healthy Recipes Salmon, Healthy Recipes Tasty, Healthy Recipes Avocado, Healthy Recipes Quinoa, Healthy Recipes Cauliflower, Healthy Recipes Pork, Healthy Recipes Steak, Healthy Recipes For School, Healthy Recipes Slimming World, Healthy Recipes Fitness, Healthy Recipes Baking, Healthy Recipes Sweet, Healthy Recipes Indian, Healthy Recipes Summer, Healthy Recipes Vegetables, Healthy Recipes Diet, Healthy Recipes No Meat, Healthy Recipes Asian, Healthy Recipes On The Go, Healthy Recipes Fast, Healthy Recipes Ground Turkey, Healthy Recipes Rice, Healthy Recipes Mexican, Healthy Recipes Fruit, Healthy Recipes Tuna, Healthy Recipes Sides, Healthy Recipes Zucchini, Healthy Recipes Broccoli, Healthy Recipes Spinach,
#healthyrecipes #recipes #food #appetizers #dinner #instantpot #lasagna #rolls