A rich, sharp marinade made of honey, Dijon and whole-grain mustard, lemon, apple cider vinegar and olive oil does double duty as the dressing for the salad also. After the chicken takes a short nap in some of the marinade, the chicken is seared to golden-brown, caramelized perfection while providing intoxicating smells to entice everyone to come to the dinner table. Crisp bacon, corn (I love the frozen charred corn from Trader Joe’s), creamy avocado, cherry tomatoes, red onion and sharp Cheddar are the accompanying acts.
Being a fan of honey mustard everything, I gave up enjoying honey mustard dressing on salads because of all of the mayo and calories normally sneaking their way into them. Then, this salad happened. Waking up with the strongest honey mustard craving, I created this salad with FLAVOUR in mind!
The best honey mustard dressing is right here! Not only does it double as the dressing AND marinade, it creates the most deliciously crispy, golden edges on the chicken, giving us even more flavour! Halving the dressing to use as a marinade, THEN using the remaining UNTOUCHED dressing to drizzle over the salad once it’s all done and ready to eat has got to be the best way to keep the incredible honey mustard flavours going. May the mustard gods help me! So creamy and sweet and tangy… the perfect balance all in one!
Honey Mustard Chicken, Bacon and Avocado Salad
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced and mashed to a paste with a pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1–1/2 pounds (about 3 large) chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 cup smooth Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
For The Salad:
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 2 ounces grated Cheddar
- 5 slices thick-cut bacon, cubed
- 1/3 cup corn kernels
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 big handfuls mixed salad greens
- First, Whisk the marinade ingredients together in a small mixing bowl. Pour about half the marinade over the chicken in a shallow dish; cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Reserve the remaining marinade to use as the dressing and keep refrigerated.
- Second, Heat a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the diced bacon and cook until browned and crispy, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Place 1 tablespoon of the fat in a separate small skillet and pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the fat. Return the pan to medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade, allowing most of the excess to drip off, and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes per side, until golden and cooked through. You can finish in the oven at 400°, if necessary. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Next, When ready to serve, heat the small skillet with the bacon fat over medium-high heat. When hot, add the corn kernels and sear for about 1 minute, until hot and starting to brown. Remove from the heat.
- To prepare the salad: Place the Romaine in a large serving bowl. Top with the cherry tomatoes, red onion, avocado, cheddar, corn kernels, bacon and sliced chicken. Whisk about 3 to 4 tablespoons of water into the reserved dress
Healthy Recipes | Honey Mustard Chicken, Bacon and Avocado Salad, Healthy Recipes For Weight Loss, Healthy Recipes Easy, Healthy Recipes Dinner, Healthy Recipes Pasta, Healthy Recipes On A Budget, Healthy Recipes Breakfast, Healthy Recipes For Picky Eaters, Healthy Recipes Desserts, Healthy Recipes Clean, Healthy Recipes Snacks, Healthy Recipes Low Carb, Healthy Recipes Meal Prep, Healthy Recipes Vegetarian, Healthy Recipes Lunch, Healthy Recipes For Kids, Healthy Recipes Crock Pot, Healthy Recipes Videos, Healthy Recipes Weightloss, Healthy Recipes Chicken, Healthy Recipes Heart, Healthy Recipes For One, Healthy Recipes For Diabetics, Healthy Recipes Smoothies, Healthy Recipes Avocado, Healthy Recipes Quinoa, Healthy Recipes Cauliflower, Healthy Recipes Pork, Healthy Recipes Steak, Healthy Recipes For School, Healthy Recipes Slimming World, Healthy Recipes Fitness, Healthy Recipes Baking, Healthy Recipes Sweet, Healthy Recipes Indian, Healthy Recipes Summer, Healthy Recipes Vegetables, Healthy Recipes Diet, Healthy Recipes No Meat, Healthy Recipes Asian, Healthy Recipes On The Go, Healthy Recipes Fast, Healthy Recipes Ground Turkey, Healthy Recipes Rice, Healthy Recipes Mexican, Healthy Recipes Fruit, Healthy Recipes Tuna, Healthy Recipes Sides, Healthy Recipes Zucchini, Healthy Recipes Broccoli, Healthy Recipes Spinach,
#healthyrecipes #recipes #food #appetizers #dinner #chicken #bacon #avocado #salad