This healthy lasagna soup is a delicious, warm and comforting bowl of cheesy, gooey lasagna heaven.
Making this in the Instant Pot is not too much quicker or easier than the stovetop. This will confuse a lot of you, and I know, I know. I get it. Why bother if it’s not much quicker or easier?
But, I know my Instant Pot people, and a lot of them would prefer to make it in the Instant Pot anyway. The flavors infused from pressure cooking are really delicious!
Comfort food season is here! For everyone here in Florida that means we can open our windows, grab a light sweater and enjoy the beautiful fall weather. In other parts of the country, it means slipping on your boots, heading outside to enjoy the fall foliage or heating up your favorite soup. Spinach Lasagna Soup is made with the same flavors as your standard lasagna, but it is simmered on the stove with chicken or vegetable broth to create a warm and comforting bowl of goodness. Add a scoop of basil and mozzarella ricotta and you have the perfect meal.
I am very fortunate to partner with brands that I love especially when it means I can add fresh organicgirl greens to every meal. Greens are versatile and add flavor and nutrients. They cook relatively quickly too so you can even add a handful of greens at the last minute. I love adding a few large handfuls of baby spinach to lasagna soup.
Healthy Lasagna Soup
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 22 minutes
Total Time 32 minutes
Servings 6 servings
Calories 335 kcal
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup multigrain farfalle pasta
- 1/2 cup part skim shredded mozzarella
- 6 ounces part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- fresh basil optional
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14 ½ ounces)
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 ounce)
- 2 leaves bay
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- cooking spray or oil of your choice
- 1 pound ground Italian turkey sausage (removed from casings)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups baby spinach
For the cheese mixture:
- Mix the ricotta and parmesan, and season with a little dash of salt and pepper; set aside.
- First, Spray a large pot. I used this 5½ quart multipurpose one.
- Second, Brown sausage in large pan over medium-high heat, about 6 minutes.
- Next, Add onions, carrots and bay leaves and continue cooking until veggies are soft, about another 5-6 minutes.
- Add the garlic, and cook a minute more.
- Add chicken stock, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil and oregano, and bring to a boil.
- Carefully remove bay leaves.
- Add pasta and simmer until cooked, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Top each serving with a spoonful of the ricotta parmesan mixture, and sprkinle with shredded mozzarella.
- Garnish with fresh basil (optional).
Instant Pot Instructions:
- First, Spray the Instant Pot with cooking spray, or add a little cooking oil (any type), and set the pot to sauté setting, regular level of heat.
- Second, After the pot preheats for a minute or two, add the sausage (removed from casings), and cook until brown, using a wooden spoon to break apart (about 5 minutes).
- Next, Add onions, carrots and bay leaves and continue cooking until veggies are soft, about another 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, and cook a minute more.
- Add chicken stock, diced tomatoes, basil, oregano and pasta.
- Place the lid on, lock it and set it to pressure cook for 2 minutes on manual high pressure. (It took mine 15 minutes to come to pressure, FYI).
- Allow the soup to naturally release for 5 minutes, and then use the level to quick release the remaining pressure.
- Remove the bay leaves, carefully. I use tongs.
- Stir in chopped spinach and tomato sauce, and allow spinach to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, and garnish with parmesan and ricotta cheese mixture, sprinkle with a little mozzarella and fresh basil (optional).
- Nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using a nutrition label generator.
- For the Instant Pot method, I added my tomato sauce at the end to prevent scorching. It came out great! I may try it next time just adding it in with everything else. I will update the notes when I do.
Healthy Recipes | Healthy Lasagna Soup, Healthy Recipes For Weight Loss, Healthy Recipes Easy, Healthy Recipes Dinner, Healthy Recipes Pasta, Healthy Recipes On A Budget, Healthy Recipes Breakfast, Healthy Recipes For Picky Eaters, Healthy Recipes Desserts, Healthy Recipes Clean, Healthy Recipes Snacks, Healthy Recipes Low Carb, Healthy Recipes Meal Prep, Healthy Recipes Vegetarian, Healthy Recipes Lunch, Healthy Recipes For Kids, Healthy Recipes Crock Pot, Healthy Recipes Videos, Healthy Recipes Weightloss, Healthy Recipes Chicken, Healthy Recipes Heart, Healthy Recipes For One, Healthy Recipes For Diabetics, Healthy Recipes Smoothies, Healthy Recipes For Two, Healthy Recipes Simple, Healthy Recipes For Teens, Healthy Recipes Protein, Healthy Recipes For The Week, Healthy Recipes Casserole, Healthy Recipes Salmon, Healthy Recipes Tasty, Healthy Recipes Avocado, Healthy Recipes Quinoa, Healthy Recipes Cauliflower, Healthy Recipes Pork, Healthy Recipes Steak, Healthy Recipes For School, Healthy Recipes Slimming World, Healthy Recipes Fitness, Healthy Recipes Baking, Healthy Recipes Sweet, Healthy Recipes Indian, Healthy Recipes Summer, Healthy Recipes Vegetables, Healthy Recipes Diet, Healthy Recipes No Meat, Healthy Recipes Asian, Healthy Recipes On The Go, Healthy Recipes Fast, Healthy Recipes Ground Turkey, Healthy Recipes Rice, Healthy Recipes Mexican, Healthy Recipes Fruit, Healthy Recipes Tuna, Healthy Recipes Sides, Healthy Recipes Zucchini, Healthy Recipes Broccoli, Healthy Recipes Spinach, #healthyrecipes #recipes #food #appetizers #dinner #lasagna #soup