Chicken in Coconut Mango Verde Sauce – on your table in less than 30 minutes with the most velvety, flavor infused sauce you will be dreaming about for days!
I was talking to my sister the other day (mother of 5 kids, my kidney donor, I share more about her awesomeness here) who loves to cook but said these last two weeks of school are just as busy or even busier than December so quick and easy meals are a must. So I am so excited to share this 30 minute Chicken in Coconut Mango Verde Sauce that is super quick and easy without sacrificing any flavor!
This celebration of flavor starts with a quick stir frying of thinly sliced chicken breasts. I first used thinly sliced chicken in my all time favorite Panang Curry, and love this cooking method! (and btw, made my Panang Curry last week for my little brother and his fiance – SO GOOD! you have to make it if you love Thai food!) The chicken remains so tender and soaks up all the flavor of the sauce so there is no need to marinate the chicken beforehand. I recommend slicing your chicken breasts when they are partially frozen – so much easier. You could even prep your chicken and your veggies beforehand if you want then this meal really would take minutes to throw together!
Chicken in Coconut Mango Verde Sauce Thai recipe has a delicious, rich sauce that is the perfect balance of sweet and spicy. It is quick and easy which makes it suitable for a weeknight meal!
I have a special love for Thai food and, if you feel the same way, you will love this Chicken in Coconut Mango Verde Sauce. A slightly sweet sauce with a savory dish is really the bees knees when it comes to cooking. The entire meal is rich, warm, slightly spicy (but in a good way), hearty and light! This is really a four seasons meal because the mango and coconut are perfect for spring and summer, but the creamy sauce makes it great warming comfort food for winter and fall. If I’m making no sense at all, feel free to just stop listening to me.
Chicken in Coconut Mango Verde Sauce
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 red bell pepper sliced then chopped into 2” pieces
- 1 green bell pepper sliced then chopped into 2” pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts cut into 1/8” slices against the grain*
Coconut Mango Verde Sauce:
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sriracha/Asian hot chili sauce to taste (optional)
- 3-5 tablespoons brown sugar **
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 13.5 oz. can coconut milk (I like Chaokoh)
- 1 cup mild salsa verde (I like Herdez in the jar)
- 1 cup roughly chopped mango
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, deveined
- chopped cilantro
- First, Add all of the Coconut Mango Verde Sauce ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Second, Heat oil over medium high heat in large nonstick skillet until very hot. Add chicken and cook just until most pieces are no longer pink then add bell peppers and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in Coconut Mango Verde Sauce and cook just until chicken is completely cooked and sauce is heated through. Taste and add additional brown sugar for sweeter, Sriracha for spicier or lime for tangier. Garnish with optional fresh cilantro. Serve with rice.
- Chicken is much easier to slice if partially frozen. It will thaw quickly once sliced. You can slice your chicken and red bell peppers in advance for even quicker meal prep.
- I would start with 3 tablespoons brown sugar and add more to taste at the end -the amount will depend on how sweet your mangoes are, how sweet you want the sauce and how spicy you want it (more brown sugar to balance more sriracha). I use all 5 tablespoons because I make the sauce quite spicy.
Healthy Recipes | Chicken in Coconut Mango Verde Sauce, Healthy Recipes For Weight Loss, Healthy Recipes Easy, Healthy Recipes Dinner, Healthy Recipes Pasta, Healthy Recipes On A Budget, Healthy Recipes Breakfast, Healthy Recipes For Picky Eaters, Healthy Recipes Desserts, Healthy Recipes Clean, Healthy Recipes Snacks, Healthy Recipes Low Carb, Healthy Recipes Meal Prep, Healthy Recipes Vegetarian, Healthy Recipes Lunch, Healthy Recipes For Kids, Healthy Recipes Crock Pot, Healthy Recipes Videos, Healthy Recipes Weightloss, Healthy Recipes Chicken, Healthy Recipes Heart, Healthy Recipes For One, Healthy Recipes For Diabetics, Healthy Recipes Smoothies, Healthy Recipes For Two, Healthy Recipes Simple, Healthy Recipes For Teens, Healthy Recipes Protein, Healthy Recipes Vegan, Healthy Recipes For Family, Healthy Recipes Salad, Healthy Recipes Cheap, Healthy Recipes Shrimp, Healthy Recipes Paleo, Healthy Recipes Delicious, Healthy Recipes Gluten Free, Healthy Recipes Keto, Healthy Recipes Soup, Healthy Recipes Beef, Healthy Recipes Fish, Healthy Recipes Summer, Healthy Recipes Vegetables, Healthy Recipes Diet, Healthy Recipes No Meat, Healthy Recipes Asian, Healthy Recipes On The Go, Healthy Recipes Fast, Healthy Recipes Ground Turkey, Healthy Recipes Rice, Healthy Recipes Mexican, Healthy Recipes Fruit, Healthy Recipes Tuna, Healthy Recipes Sides, Healthy Recipes Zucchini, Healthy Recipes Broccoli, Healthy Recipes Spinach,
#healthyrecipes #recipes #food #appetizers #dinner #chicken #coconut #mango #sauce